Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lemon Pepper Chicken (Crockpot)

Easy and Flavorful chicken in the crock pot? Without cream soups? Why, yes. So simple and affordable when you use a whole roaster. I used a salt free Lemon Pepper seasoning, sea salt, and garlic powder tonight, you can use whatever seasonings you like.

GPAC Lemon Pepper Chicken (Crockpot)

Rinse the chicken then pat dry with a paper towel.
Rub Olive oil inside and out. Don't forget under the skin on top of the breast. (Pull out any stuff that is inside the chicken, place the neck in a plastic bag and save it for when you make a stock)
Season the chicken inside and out, and under the skin. If you have celery, onion, apples, carrots, garlic or herbs you like stuff them in the bird now. Place it into the crock pot on low for 5-8 hours, mine took 5 hours. An hour before it's done crack the lid for the rest of the cooking time.


I usually cut the chicken up while it's in the crock pot, there is no use in trying to lift the whole bird out of there it just falls apart.
I took the juices from the chicken and skimmed off the fat. Then I put that broth and added some water into my rice cooker and made rice with it.




We had the chicken with Zucchini and Squash sauteed in Olive oil and some lemon salt.






Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I got to save this recipe because it looks like something the hubby would love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.