Friday, May 22, 2009

Tilapia and Fish Packet for Baby

This method of coking fish for babies is versatile. You can use almost any vegetable or fruit that your baby has had. I prefer parchment paper because, for me at least these packets cook up faster in parchment as opposed to foil.
We’re visiting DH’s parents and they have foil on hand. When preparing fish for babies filets have LESS chance of having bones in them, that doesn’t mean they don’t have any so pick through your fish carefully. It make double sure you can cut it into small cubes and pick through it that way. This packet has fennel, red bell pepper, zucchini and tilapia. It also has a little butter which you don’t need to add. Make sure the foil or parchment is sealed tight so that the fish and vegetables steam in the oven. Usually 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. To be honest when I use parchment I bake it until the parchment is puffed up with steam, which is about 20 minutes but I don’t time it most of the time. After the fish is cooked through and flakes easily, recheck it for bones then puree or blend the fish and vegetables for younger babies, serve to toddlers and children as is.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.