Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My version of Pasta Milano

You can't go wrong with pasta, cream, pancetta, garlic and cheese can you? Don't answer that, I know the answer. Of course you can't. I love garlic cream sauces and this one is YUMMY. Don't let the amount of garlic scare you away, it's roasted so it's mild and just yummmmm. The girls love this everything in it, the peas, the chicken the mushrooms the will eat it all. Well, except when I add capers, I love capers I am the only one in this house that likes capers and artichoke hearts in this dish, oh well. You really should use a short pasta for this dish, but I am trying to clear out the pantry so I am using whatever we've got on hand to cook with.

Give Peas A Chance Pasta Milano

Chicken-
4 Chicken breasts
garlic powder
salt
pepper

Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Grill chicken or broil it until it is cooked through. Set aside so it can rest.



The Sauce-
1 pint of heavy cream
3 cups milk (more if you want more sauce.)
1 1/2 heads of garlic roasted *see picture*
pepper
salt
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Other stuff-
2 tablespoons butter
frozen baby peas
1 lb baby bellas or other mushrooms you like, sliced
- if you'd like marinated artichoke hearts

Garnish-
fresh parsley
Parmesan cheese
capers
pancettea- cooked to a crisp *see picture*

a box of short pasta


Method-
Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain.
In a big saucepan cook the pancetta until crisp. Remove and set aside. Keep the fat in the pan and add the butter. Saute the mushrooms in the saucepan until soft. Remove the mushrooms.
Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and puree. Put cream mixture into the sauce pan and bring just to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick. Mix in the peas, mushrooms and pasta. Toss to coat.
To serve- slice chicken and place on top of pasta. Garnish with pancetta and other garnishes.

Roasted garlic- cut off the top of a head of garlic, place in some tin foil and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and roast it in the oven. Once it's done the garlic will squeeze right out of the skin.

I heart pork fat...
MMMM baby bellas...
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.