Friday, January 16, 2009

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a Martha Stewart recipe. The sour cream in the dough gives it such a great flavor and the cookie is tender and soft, by far one of my favorite cookie doughs. Don't over bake these! The cookies are naturally light from the sour cream.

Makes about 2 dozen.

  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract- I always add more...
  • 3 tablespoons sour cream- I used about 4 tablespoons, I didn't really measure
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup milk-chocolate chips- I used chocolate chips with caramel centers instead



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and sugars...





Yup... like that...
until it's nice and fluffy...







Add the egg and vanilla...







Blend it well... now...REDUCE THE SPEED ON THE MIXER... trust me on this one.






Add the flour in two batches alternating with sour cream.







Mix it well, but don't over mix who wants tough cookies??
Add the sour cream...





Now the rest of the flour...







Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Cover and freeze for 10 minutes. I just made the dough earlier in the day and placed it in the fridge until after dinner when I baked them. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon drop these on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with your hand. Bake these 2 inches apart for 12-14 minutes.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.