Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Shrimp scampi dinner

I have a ton of pictures to post for this recipe, I am going to try to upload them so if you see them on here- I was successful. If not, well I gave up. I wish our desktop was working :-(
You can't go wrong with pasta in a cream sauce and shrimp in a citrus butter sauce can you? Oh and lots of garlic, who doesn't love garlic?

Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp- peeled and cleaned tails on
3/4 cup broth (chicken, veggie, seafood)
salt and pepper
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 cup white wine (I didn't have any so I used champagne vinegar)
flat leaf parsley chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
3-4 tablespoons butter
zest of one lemon
lemon juice to taste
Place shrimp in one layer in a baking dish. Turn your oven on, I think I did 375? I don't remember.
Place the garlic and parsley - leave some for garnish, in a food chopper with olive oil and process. or use a knife, I used the food processor because I used that garlic olive oil on the garlic bread and in the Alfredo sauce).
In a sauce pan melt butter, add some garlic and parsley mixture. Cook until fragrant, don't let the garlic brown. Add broth, wine, zest, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Bring up to a boil, taste and adjust seasonings.
Pour the mixture over the shrimp, place it in the oven until the shrimp are done. Garnish with parsley.

Alfredo sauce
2 teaspoons of the garlic and parsley mixture above
4 tablespoons butter
2 cups half and half
nutmeg
salt
pepper
a few handfuls or grated Parmesan cheese
Fettuccine- save a cup of the cooking liquid in case you need it for the sauce

Melt butter in sauce pan add and cook the garlic mixture, add half and half, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook until simmering and thickened. Don't let it boil. Add the cheese, stir and toss with pasta. if it's too thick add a little bit of pasta water.









Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.