Friday, March 14, 2008

UCCC Cookies

These are my Ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies... I keep tweaking this recipe but, I am unsure I can tweak it anymore.
The girls and I made these and took some to the neighbors as a thank you for bringing us some wonderful bible story books.
I love the semi-sweet and the milk chocolate in these, I also love walnuts in them. I baked half a batch without nuts for Diva and the other half with walnuts, these freeze well.
You'll need extra chocolate chips if little ones are helping you they tend to somehow get eaten, OK well by me too but still.

Dry ingredients-
4 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoon of espresso crystals

Wet ingredients-
1 cup softened butter flavored shortening (you can use all butter but I find the cookies are more tender with the shortening)
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1 1/2 cups sugar (I use a little less than 1 1/2 cup)
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark use what you have)
1 tablespoon (yes, that's right) good vanilla extract
3 tablespoons milk

4 eggs

8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (Ghiradeli is what we love)
8 oz Milk chocolate chips (Nestle is what we like for these)
1 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Let the kids help you count the cups of flour and dry ingredients. Put them in a bowl and let your kids GENTLY stir it. Or it will go all over. Not that I would know.







In your mixer beat your wet ingredients until creamy.









Yummy, click on that picture to see the gorgeous specks of vanilla, YUM.







Add your eggs, beat them in.








At this point there is no flour so you can't over mix so beat away if you'd like.








Now add your flour, stir it to combine. Don't over stir/mix your flour it makes the cookies tough. *note that somehow some chocolate chips got dropped in there, Diva confessed to that.






Stir in your chocolate chips...








did I say 8 oz of each? It's OK to be a little heavy handed with them, we always are.







Now at this point I separated half the batter before adding the nuts. Add your nuts and combine.
I chill my dough for about an hour, but you don't have to.





I use a small cookie scoop and bake these at 375 degrees on parchment paper for 9 minutes. I don't bake them for more I don't like over done cookies.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.