Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Honey Oatmeal bread















I got this recipe off of someone online, I am not a bread maker, unless it's in the breadman ;-) but I thought I would give it a shot and it turned out okay ... not perfect but I can practice. There are a lot of pictures, I can't help that. I did try to cut as many of them out as I could though.
It's very yummy with butter and a drizzle of honey.

Honey Oatmeal Bread

Mix in a bowl:
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 cup oats (I used steel cut oats)
1/2 cup butter or oil (I used unsalted butter)
1/2 cup honey
1T salt

In a small bowl mix together (Yeast, honey, and water) and let the yeast proof:
1T yeast
1t honey
1/2 cup warm water

Flour:
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour

3 cups whole wheat



Mix in a bowl and let it sit until at room temperature the water, oats, butter, honey and salt.






In your small bowl with the yeast mixture let it sit until it gets foamy or "proofs".







5 1/2 cups of flour ready for wet ingredients.








Add the yeast mixture and oatmeal mixture and mix until it forms a ball.








Like so, the dough will start clinging together and to the paddle of the mixer.







Flour your work area, I heart my roul pat. It's silicone, easy to and has a huge surface.








Knead your dough and add flour as needed so it's not sticky.










Form into a ball and place in an oiled bowl.









Cover and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.









Ahhh beautiful, I love the smell of yeast dough.








Punch down and divide into two greased and floured bread pans.









Greased and floured pans that I had to hunt down, I haven't used these in forever, I haven't even made a quick bread since Christmas.








In retrospect for prettier loaves I should have smoothed out the dough into balls and then let them rise again.








Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.









Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until when tapped the breads sound hallow.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.