Friday, October 5, 2007

2007 Bento Fast fried rice!

This fried rice was so easy, I made it in the morning before school. The night before I just took out two of my frozen rice shapes to thaw in the fridge. In the morning I scrambled the eggs, warmed the frozen vegetables through and then I seasoned the rice and added it to the skillet to warm through. I found that making fried rice this way is so much easier when the rice is cold and hard, it holds it shape better. I warmed some leftover steamed broccoli packed it while the rice cooled, filled her drink bottle and packed everything up. This is all I sent to school with Diva today because they had an apple tasting and apple pie baking day at school, she ate two mini apple pies so I am sure she wasn't starving LOL. I even had the common sense to make extra rice for Piglet and I to have for lunch. I don't know why I don't just pack us all the same thing even if Piglet and I stay home. I spend many a day just staring into the fridge at lunchtime when it's just the two of us.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.